Some patterns from David and Helen
Recently had a tutorial to work on fluency of some grammar patterns and expressions from David and Helen in China. We used xeroxes from the text of Apendix A -- a list of all the patterns with examples. Appendix A does not have pinyin.
Here is the link to the google spreadsheet. Even assuming I've typed in the hanzi correctly, google translate, which I used to generate pinyin, does not always find the correct pinyin.
The point of the spreadsheet is to keep a list of possible elements to substitute in the various slots in a pattern. Also it's easy to grab the pinyin from google and paste into the spreadsheet.
One thing that would be nice is if I could format selected words differently within a cell. This is possible in excel or open office, but not in google spreadsheets. For example, the pattern
按(照)。。。的 V 法,。。。
and the example
按照他的说法,电脑并不难学。
It would be nice to write these as.
按(照)。。。的 V 法,。。。
and
按照他的说法,电脑并不难学。
I imagine a crash course to review fluency and natural rhythm with lots of substitution drills using the D+H patterns. Such a course would be to work on speaking fluency and as such should not require reading fluency of hanzi, hence the column in the spreadsheet with pinyin.
Here is the link to the google spreadsheet. Even assuming I've typed in the hanzi correctly, google translate, which I used to generate pinyin, does not always find the correct pinyin.
The point of the spreadsheet is to keep a list of possible elements to substitute in the various slots in a pattern. Also it's easy to grab the pinyin from google and paste into the spreadsheet.
One thing that would be nice is if I could format selected words differently within a cell. This is possible in excel or open office, but not in google spreadsheets. For example, the pattern
按(照)。。。的 V 法,。。。
and the example
按照他的说法,电脑并不难学。
It would be nice to write these as.
按(照)。。。的 V 法,。。。
and
按照他的说法,电脑并不难学。
I imagine a crash course to review fluency and natural rhythm with lots of substitution drills using the D+H patterns. Such a course would be to work on speaking fluency and as such should not require reading fluency of hanzi, hence the column in the spreadsheet with pinyin.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home