Saturday, November 04, 2006

more longer sentences from WSC chap 46

To restate from the previous post, WSC has these sentences only in traditional characters. I have typed them in simplified, so it is a test of my "spelling" for simplified. If readers find any errors please post a comment.

  1. 棉花的花并不好看可是有用,在北方居住的人要是没有棉衣简直不能度过寒冷的冬天。

  2. 这件皮大衣是在十七年前在台湾买的,已经坏了,要再买一件了。

  3. 炕上那些衣服都是要洗的,可是她就是没有工夫。一天里又要做饭又要看孩子,她实在忙不过来。

  4. 广东出产的一种床,夏天的时候有人喜欢睡在这种床上。这种床的价钱并不贵。

  5. 从前的时候有人相信每一家的灶都有个灶神。现在相信这样的事的人已经很少了。

  6. 建筑万里长城用的砖是考古学家很喜欢研究的东西。这些砖到底是什么地方烧的呢?现在还没完全研究出来。

  7. 今年他在那个岛上住了一个夏天,把书写完了之后,在那儿休息了几个星期,真是一句两得。

  8. 我们应当鼓励他们完成这个计划。

  9. 他们推翻那个腐败的政府;一个人都没杀死,历史上官这一次革命叫“不流血的革命”。

  10. 不管你的头发是黑颜色的,红颜色的,到了老年的时候就都变成白颜色的了。

  11. 若是依照他的办法去做,这件事可能三天还做不完。

  12. 因为他的父亲是牧师,所以他从小就看圣经。圣经里很多的故事他都记得。

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kudra,

Hope my correction is correct :)

23. 句 -> 举
25. 官 -> 管

10:11 AM  
Blogger kudra said...

举 is a new character for this chapter. Again, I must not have been paying attention. I actually learned this character (in traditional form) in Taiwan in 1982-3, when someone taught me the poem by Li Bai known to every school kid. Because I had learned it in that context, I had ascribed to it a literary flavor. However, recently, when this character came up as I worked through David and Helen in China, I realized it is appropriate in the vernacular.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home